Friday, September 3, 2010

Blueberry Raspberry Muffins

Today's great creation: Muffins.
(shh, don't tell anyone I very impatiently broke open the muffin before I took the picture!)

They are fantastic! Light, moist, beautiful, and EASY!



Here's the recipe:

Makes 16 Muffins

12.5 ounces of Cake Flour (3 cups)
1 Cup of Sugar
1 tsp. Baking Soda
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
1 Egg
1 cup Sour Cream
1/2 cup Condensed Milk (Can Milk)
1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
1 1/2 cups Blueberries
1 cup Raspberries (cut in half)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray cupcake tins with nonstick spray or line with cupcake liners.
Mix all dry ingredients together in large bowl.
In a small bowl, toss raspberries & blueberries with about 1/2 cup of the cake flour that you're using in the recipe. Its okay if you've already mixed in the sugar, baking powder, and baking soda.. it's all getting mixed together anyways!
In a separate bowl, mix all of the wet ingredients, just until incorporated, don't over mix them! 
Toss the berries (and all flour that didn't stick to the berries) into the flour/egg mixture, give a quick stir just until everything is happily covered in batter.
Fill each cupcake tin almost to the top.. I used an ice cream scoop and it portioned perfectly!
Bake for 20-25 minutes until lightly golden on top.
Remove the muffins from the tins as soon as your fingers can stand it. :) I got a large sheet pan and just flipped the muffins upside down so I didn't have to touch any of them! :) Just flipped 'em right side up and that was it! 

Let cool & gobble up :)



6 comments:

  1. Made these this morning.....yummmmm! They melt in your mouth.
    -Jessica Scarbro

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you made them! I'm more so glad that they came out as good for you as they did for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That muffin looks SCRUMPTIOUSSS

    http://bottleblack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Eva! They were SCRUMPTIOUS! (I'm so glad I'm not the only one that uses that word... usually I get the, "you're crazy" look!) You should definitely make them sometime... they were SO easy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Muffins are my favorite thing! Yummy!

    Just wanted to say "hi" and hope you are having a good day today!

    Love,
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mandy! Thanks! I actually am having a fantastic day! Stay posted, I'm going to catch up on my past-due posts, full of German Chocolate Cake, Reese's Cupcakes, Pumpkin Cake, and Chocolate Trees! :)

    ReplyDelete